Monday, October 11, 2010

Bash on the Backstretch

Well, another SDW is over. So, now it's time for those of us from Club Wago to thank everyone that helped us to put the Bash on the Backstretch together.

First, I want to thank Valken Wheels, Grandview Speedway, New Egypt Speedway, Orange County Fair Speedway, Brett Deyo Motorsports Media, Willix 16w Racing, Zach Aubertine Motorsports, CowPattyNation.com, Steve Hough Motors, Best LIne, and anyone else that helped out by giving prizes for us to give away throughout the night, I truly appreciate it!

Also, thank you to Adam Ross for letting us sell the shirts at the DTD stand on Sunday.

Also I want to thank everyone that participated in the big wheel race, our DJ DeRue, and everyone that came out. I hope everyone had a good time.

Now, time for some apologies, I'm sorry for all the headaches with the big wheel race, that was a lot harder to score than we thought, and I messed up by starting too many big wheels in the main event. I know we didn't mess up the top 3 in the feature, but if I screwed you out of any spots at 1/2 way I apologize.

I also would like to apologize for the music shutting off twice, the first time we had a wire problem and the second time we had a plug get pulled.

I know of one fight and heard about other instances that almost led to fights, I sincerely apologize for anyone involved in this. I don't drink at all on Friday in an attempt to help prevent anything out of hand happening at the Bash on the Backstretch, so I'm sorry that I didn't do my job there.

The Wago Donation Jar went to Lance Willix, which means that anyone that put the donation in there are the real sponsors of Lance. Lance received it this year because he ran Club Wago stickers all year long and also helped us many ways throughout SDW, thank you very much to Lance and everyone on his race team.

Again, I hope that most people had a good time, if not, we had another great crowd on hand and had 20 big wheel entries with money given out for the fast time award, 1/2 bonus, and the feature winners. We also did an invert draw after the heat races. Like I said earlier everything went smoothly until the 1/2 point in the feature when we pulled off all the lapped trikes and restarted the race. Thank you to the woman the showed me a video that showed us who the top 3 at 1/2 were, I have no idea who you were but I owe you a beer or dinner or something.

I hope you guys all enjoyed yourself, please give me some feedback so if we do it again next year we can make sure everything goes a lot smoother. Thank you!

No comments: