Sunday, February 15, 2009

Racing Family/Fraternity...INCREDIBLE!!!



Just sitting back this morning and reflecting on my Friday night out with my fiance and it got me thinking about the racing "family/fraternity" if you will.

After work Friday night, we decide to attend local racer Shawn Fitzpatrick's racing party he was having at a local establishment to kick off his 2009 racing season....We walk into the place, and man, IT'S PACKED, I mean this gig was really jumpin'....A good friend of mine I got to meet at BDR a few years back comes in a little bit later....A new friend I met over the internet is sitting there with his wife when we get there, he waves us over and finally I can put a face to the internet/message board name I've been seeing for years....There were a few of Shawn's on track competitiors there also this night, supporting another teams efforts....A noted angine builder and his wife were in attendance....Different folks who sponsor race cars were in the house for the party....Former racer turned car owner over the years is at the gathering supporting a fellow racer, whose own car won't be competting at the same track weekly this year....And last but not least, a seen MANY MANY DIEHARD RACING FANS coming out to support the local racer and his team....There just isn't any doubt that racing fans are some of the most supportive fans in any sport, honestly, THEY JUST ARE.

Just really got me thinking how the racing "family/fraternity" that so many of us are a part of, is just made up of INCREDIBLE, DEDICATED, CARING, and SUPER SUPPORTIVE people, it really is, and I'm so proud to be a part of it....I really have to thank my deceased aunt, she was the first one who took me to the race track when I was about 4 yrs old, after that first race I was HOOKED....It was just something inside of me that said, YEAH, THIS IS FOR ME, and it's been a part of my life ever since....And after Friday night and seeing all of the different people out supporting this get together, it really made me think how LUCKY I am and how a glad I am, that the local dirt track racing scene is a part of my life, and actually, how FORTUNATE I am to actually feel like your a part of something that makes me and so many othere feel like a big ole' family, because in many ways, if you think about, you really are, and I wouldn't change that feeling for the world.

No comments: