Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kenny Brightbill news...

Kenny Brightbill was originally planning on making his first appearance of the year in his familiar #19 at Grandview Speedway on July 16th, and run the following night on July 17th. However, after Kenny got the car ready to go, his sponsor fell through leaving him with a car ready to go, but not being able to afford getting to the racetrack, which was going to lead him to not being able to attend either show. However, he has now secured a sponsor to run these two races in less than 2 weeks. Chad Sinon will be sponsoring the #19 for these two races, which is going to allow us to see Brightbill in action both nights. Props go out to Chad for stepping up to the plate and helping a racer in need when nobody else would. Thanks Chad for getting Kenny back on track, you're a class act despite what some people seem to think without ever talking to you.

1 comment:

JeffP said...

I have been a Kenny Brightbill fan since the early 70's. I saw him run numerous times @ the best track ever (Reading PA) and Bridgeport. I even saw him run NASCAR @ Dover DE! I had read he was getting a car ready but was initially disappointed when I read this blog. I was glad to hear he got a sponsor. Georgetown Speedway (DE) is holding a race on July 17 and I read Brightbill is expected to be there. Georgetown (I lived 1/2 mile south of the track years ago) opened last year again but closed this year. This is an HISTORIC event. I hope the track stays open. Maybe this event will spark something. I hope Kenny Brightbill smokes 'em. I still consider him the best of the best. Take a look @:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbZtLYSEvXk

....and you can spot the #19 at Georgetown 6/8/07

Also, take a look @:
http://www.georgetownspeedway.com/
for info on the July 17 event.

I read the following quote:
"Depending on how Grandview goes, he'll more than likely be at Georgetown the next night. Right now the only other race on his schedule is Super Dirt Week in Syracuse New York in early October. However, that could and probably will change".

MORE INFO:
http://news.southjerseydirtracing.com/DisplayNewsRelease.asp?ForumID=46&Msgid=14944&page=1

Dodge_Charger_43